Saturday, April 12, 2008

What a Choice

In the upcoming local council elections I can either vote for a Labour Party candidate, a Lib Dem or a Tory. So the choice, then, is between a centre-right party, a centre-right party or a centre-right party. Now, obviously I would rather drink a gallon of sick than vote Conservative. That leaves me with not much of a choice. Should I bother to vote? I don't think I want to vote Lib Dem. They're just so... naff. I suppose the local Labour party isn't necessarily the same as NuLabor is it? In fact I think I might know the Labour candidate (I know someone of the same name) - and if it is her then she's very nice and probably a bit Old Labour (you can kind of tell can't you? If someone seems fairly kind, thoughtful, generally decent and works in the public sector then it's a fairly safe bet they're not NuLab). But still, the thought of voting Labour at the moment makes me feel like crying.

It's at times like this that I realise just how desperate I am to move back to a city - any city (except Birmingham, obviously). At least there they tend to have a token Lefty of some kind on the ballot paper. Mind you, it doesn't really matter does it? Sorry... had a bit of an ultra-left moment there.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?