Friday, April 27, 2007

This Country Is Going to the Dogs

I saw a young man, today, in skinny tight jeans, white slip on shoes and luminous pink socks. I'm all for a bit of 80s retro in moderation, but I'm sorry that's just going too far. I suppose it could have been worse - one luminous pink sock, one luminous green. It's best to nip these things in the bud, however, and I shall be writing a letter to the Home Secretary.

On the same going to the dogs theme - did you see that Douglas Murray bloke on Question Time last night? He pretty much out-PeterHitchened Peter Hitchens. I have never seen a more blimpish figure on that panel. He looked like he was on the edge of exploding throughout much of the discussion, spent most of his time scowling, sulking, huffing and exaggeratedly raising his eyebrow at everything in sight. He affected an air of utterly exasperated disdain at just about everything the audience said and he didn't speak so much as sneer his words out of his mouth. The only time he apeared to be enjoying himself was when he suggested that the NHS should be abolished. I hope they invite him back, because I found him very funny. I don't know why, but I find reactionary blimpishness of the Peter Hitchens school highly entertaining.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?