Sunday, February 11, 2007

Hello

I've been away from the blog for a while. Sorry about that. I am trying to finish off my PhD. All I'm doing at the moment is writing - stopping only to eat, sleep and go wee wee and poo poo. Sometimes I sob too. Soon be over.

Thought I just ought to show my virtual face here for a bit. Still keeping the blog going and all that.

Some stuff:

A Feminist has asked me to flag up a forthcoming march. She seems to be under the impression that I get loads of hits. I'd better do it though or she'll probably chop my balls off or something. Here's the link.

Not much else to say at the moment really. So I'll just put up a couple more links and insert some banal commentary (well, it's what blogs are for). I know, I'll talk about films and stuff.

Went to see Notes on a Scandal a couple of weeks ago. Brilliant film. Fantastic acting. Would recommend it to anyone. Except my mum, cos it's got a teacher shagging a schoolboy in it.

Looking forward to seeing Hot Fuzz. There was an amusing article by Simon Pegg in yesterday's Guardian about English and American humour. It contains a remark which I found myself giggling about for a long time (although it's possibly work related hysteria). Talking about the influence of Friends and its effect on the English psyche, Pegg remarks; 'Could it be any more ubiquitous?' Ha ha ha. The general argument of the piece seems about right, too - that English and American humour is pretty similar and that, contrary to popular myth, actually the Americans do do irony. It's just that we do it a bit more. Pegg rightly points to 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' (pretty pretty good) and 'Arrested Development' - two of the best comedies around recently. He also points to 'My Name is Earl', however, which I have to say, leaves me rather cold. It's just not very funny.

Finally, glad to see Prison Break back on.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?