Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Now I Am Famous.

One of my blogposts has been included in The Blog Digest 2007. Apparently, the book could well be the biggest selling Blog Digest publication of 2007. It might well be purchased, perhaps even read, by literally many people.

Apparently Boris Johnson's done a review of it, too. Or maybe he hasn't. I'm sure I read, somewhere, that Boris Johnson had reviewed the book. Anyway, Boris Johnson might have reviewed it - and if he has, then that must probably mean that this book is going to be big. Andy McNabb big. Boris Johnson wouldn't just review any old shit, you know. Not that I'm particularly bothered about Boris Johnson. I'm not one of those people who is impressed by a book simply because Boris Johnson might have done a review of it. I'm just saying that Boris Johnson, as a book reviewer, is not to be sniffed at. He's a very capable reviewer of books. I'm not actually sure whether Boris Johnson's review of the book, if he did indeed produce one, was favourable or not. But I'm fairly sure that he liked the book. If he was deeply offended by it, or thought it was really really stupid he probably wouldn't have reviewed it would he? Reviewing a really really stupid or deeply offensive book just eats into one's mistress boffing time and is not, therefore, a rational course of action. If I was Boris Johnson and had the choice of reviewing a really really stupid or offensive book on the one hand, or, on the other hand, having a quick shag with Petronella Wyatt or someone, I would probably choose the latter. If I was Boris Johnson, that is - if it was me I would probably review the really really stupid or offensive book because a) I could do with the money, b) I don't fancy Petronella Wyatt, c) I am not so stupid as to attempt to develop some sort of romantic relationship with slightly unpleasant journalists working for The Spectator and, d) if I was a book reviewer I would be very conscientious about my job, unlike that flighty, unreliable Boris Johnson character. So, anyway, I'm sure that Boris Johnson's review was favourable, if indeed he did one, and that, therefore, the book is looked upon with admiration by Spectator types who, although I may not agree with them about the key causes of inflation or about the nature of unemployment and although I do not fancy Petronella Wyatt, really know a good book when they see one.

Anyway, being an insufferably holy lefty, of course, I am not in the business of advertising. I am definitely not advertising this book or anything. If you want to find out more you can have a look at Chicken Yoghurt - the proprietor of which blog, Justin McKeating, was responsible for putting together and editing the book. And he's done it very well, too.

Anyway I'm off to London for this HM conference thing.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?