Friday, December 09, 2005
A Meme Thingy
So here we go.
Seven Things to do Before I Croak
- Have my own mini-library complete with leather armchair and brandy decanter.
- Visit San Francisco.
- Write at least 1 book (and have it in my library).
- Grow a Zapata moustache.
- Become a rock god.
- Learn to speak French properly.
- Destroy Clarkson. Destroy him utterly.
Seven Things I Cannot do
- Get on a plane without large quantities of valium. I'm a bit like Mr T.
- Go a day without coffee.
- Do the moves to 'YMCA' properly.
- Eat cucumber without a feeling of mild nausea.
- Listen to Robbie Williams' 'Angels' without a feeling of mild nausea.
- Believe in a god. The existence of Clarkson and Williams is sufficient evidence of God's non-existence. Although this also raises problems for the theory of evolution.
Seven Things That Attract me t' Girlfriend
Sorry, I am not doing this bit. It would be yucky and wrong. I do quite like her funny accent, but that's all you're getting.
Seven Things I Say Most Often
- Hang on.
- Sorry, I'm taken.
Seven Books That I Love
- The Great Gatsby.
- Tristram Shandy.
- Phillip Pullman (none of your Harry Potter shite).
- Peter and Jane, Series 3 (Intermediate level).
- Iain Bank's 'Culture' novels.
- For Whom the Bell Tolls.
- See Spot Run.
Seven Movies I Love
- Near Dark (vampires driving around in a camper-van - better than it sounds).
- Fight Club (save us from Swedish furniture).
- Dawn of the Dead (mmmm).
- Withnail and I (as long as you don't watch it with some film-bore banging on about how fucking great it is or, worse, quoting chunks of it).
- How to get Ahead in Advertising.
- Angel Heart (delightfully horrible).
- Police Academy 5 - Assignment: Miami Beach (perhaps the finest film ever made).
Seven People I Want to Join in
If you don't mind, I don't think I'll nominate anyone. If someone with a blog would like to be kicked this meme however, I'll happily oblige.