Saturday, April 16, 2005

The Bravery

When I'm not trying to decipher the work of Poulantzas, I sometimes listen to music. At the moment, I'm listening to The Bravery. You can listen to some of their stuff here (I'd recommend the video version of 'Unconditional').

Opinion seems to be divided over this bunch. I know some people who loathe them. They were on TV a few weeks ago, and one of my friends dismissed them, as 'derivative' and because he'd 'heard it all before'. This is simply sloppy thinking. Sure, they sound (and look) very much like an 80's New Wave band, but since when has 1.) retro and 2.) making good music been incompatible? And anyway, this guy is (rightly) a fan of The Strokes, and Franz Ferdinand so he can shut the hell up.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?