Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Get Your Violins Out

I had a nasty accident at the gym a couple of days ago which resulted in me being ambulanced off to casualty with a head injury. The whole thing wasn't as bad as it could have been - and in fact I found the whole experience strangely interesting rather than completely unpleasant. I remember sitting on a chair while someone tried to stop the blood streaming down my face and thinking 'Brilliant, I've never been inside an ambulance before - I hope they put the sirens on'.

Luckily, the doctors found I only had mild concussion, and after using glue to gum up a cut on my forehead, they let me go home. However, this concussion business is a bit of a pain in the arse after a while. At first, it's almost fun because you feel like you are a little bit drunk all the time - but then the novelty wears off, and feeling like you have cotton wool between your ears is a bit boring after a couple of days. It also means that I have to take a few days off work. If I worked in an office still, this would have been the source of a great deal of rejoicing. However, I really like what I do. Never mind though because it gives me a chance to do some light reading on stuff I don't know very much about. I got myself a copy of Mark Steel's book on the French Revolution and have been reading that quite happily this afternoon.

I have yet to find out whether my crack on the head will result in any character changes like in the cartoons. If I start to call myself Doris or start blogging obsessively about hedgehogs then you'll know why.

Why am I telling you this? Because I'm an invalid and I can do what I bloody well want. Now give me some sympathy.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?